View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
Shazanne, you may remember I told you about my dog, who has Lymphangiectasia. It also requires a low fat diet. I found a Facebook group about it and you may find some information there. It deals with IBD as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lymphiedogs/

FWIW, when we first went to our new Holistic/Integrative Vet she put my dog on a diet of a novel protein and novel carb, cooked. COOKEd, not raw, not for several months. She was not at all in favour of feeding raw to a dog with obviously upset and poorly functioning innards while he was sick. Not till we were sure he was recovering.

My dog got sick again and now eats Raynes Low Fat Kangaroo Maintenance, the kibble. WE were hoping to go back to raw, it's been two years since he recovered from his second bout with L. But it appears he still has some immune system disorder going, though all blood work has been good for a year. But because of the supposed immune system disorder we will stay with kibble, maybe a raw meal once or twice a week. WE are limited in our protein options as his Nutriscan shows an intolerance for turkey and whitefish, wiping out two low fat proteins.

Poor little Millie, poor little you, I'm so sorry this is so hard to fix.
I will check this out - thank you!
You did the NutriScan? Did you find it good and reliable? I was castigated on Facebook for even considering it!! But I have ordered it and am awaiting its arrival - I have great faith in Dr Dodds.
Yes - poor little Millie, she's the one suffering through all this. I just wish I could find the right way to go about fixing it for her.