View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Pet Guardian

My added tid-bits....

I've seen more of Brad's shows than Cesar's, but the common things that I have noticed - neither of them really show too much detail on training techniques. Both are obviously much more in-depth than what can be shown on TV, and what does get shown on TV is edited for the most drama, interest and general viewer entertainment. In the case of Brad, that's a lot of yelling and freaking people out and doing sometimes wild things (I once saw him lick the countertop to demonstrate a point about how disgusting it was to allow a dog to do it!). In the case of Cesar, that's the moment that he reaches a break-through with a dog, whether that's the 83rd time he's done something or the 1st.

Also I think the different clients that they show on TV have a lot to do with how their style comes across. I'm sure that Brad does know how to handle aggressive dogs, but those aren't his most common clients. I'm also sure that Cesar could handle counter-surfing dogs, but those aren't his most common clients.

I'm glad that everyone here can have such an open discussion about this and not be all freaked out by someone saying "I prefer this person"! It's a nice change!!

Hey Teri - what do you think about Brenda's new training ideas at the daycare? PM me if you want.

Melissa

"If you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet."