View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM

What is the corrrect dosage of Ivermectin for treatment of Demodex mange?

Hi I've read a lot of posts on here about mange and gathered a lot of good info, but I have a question about the dosage of ivermectin when treating demodex.

Our 18month old 10 pound min pin was just diagnosed with Demodex (skin scrapings were done). The vet gave us Ivomec (Ivermectin) to treat her. I am worried that eventually the dosage will be too high. Our instructions from the vet were to start her out on 1/10 cc everyday for the first week. During the 2nd week, we are to give her 2/10 cc everyday. During the 3rd week, we are to give her 3/10 cc everyday and continue until the medication is finished. Does this dosage sound too high during the 2nd and 3rd week? The vet also didn't say how long to continue the treatment. He just said to come back in May. Also, is there any kind of topical ointment that we can put on the spots with hair loss during the ivermectin treatment? Possibly Goodwinol ointment? I'm just really worried about her condition and I feel helpless. I don't want to watch her suffer so I'm searching for any valuable insight or information. I thank you all in advance...I'm a worried mom! :sad:

Oh, I should also mention that we aren't supposed to start the ivomec until March 1st since I gave her revolution on Feb. 1st.

Last edited by Bh1980; February 9th, 2009 at 11:14 PM.