View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:11 AM

I also agree with keeping puppy on a leash or line in the house around the cats so his behaviour can be closely monitored and controlled with them.
I too have a story to share about a cat not making a sound if they're being hurt. I was staying with my Mom for a couple of months about 6 years ago, with my cat and dog. My Mom had 3 little dogs, and a family friend had 3 dogs, and we were all at my Mom's house. ALL of these dogs were good with cats, all of these dogs lived with cats. However, this day, a few of the dogs got together and went after my cat; it was probably that they were playing, as they did used to play together and would respect Josie if she decided to end the play. That day, they were "regulating their own play" and I heard some noise from one of the dogs, and ran upstairs to find my cat in the mouth of one of them. When I ran up and yelled she dropped my cat, and Josie literally ran up the bathroom wall, bit me when I tried to grab her, and ran and hid. It happened really fast. I think that Josie would have done nothing if I hadn't run up though, it was my panic that created the rest of the panic.

Josie had big, bleeding puncture wounds in her belly. Thankfully she was okay, after dropping a considerable amount of money at the vet's office. This was from TRAINED ADULT DOGS who were all raised with cats. I know that probably the "pack mentality" contributed to it, but just keep in mind that things can turn really fast, and the cat won't always fight back or even protest.