View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyhair View Post
hi everyone,

just wanted to post a progress report and to thank you all for the feedback and input - much appreciated.

she survived her first vacuuming session yesterday. she was pretty good about it actually! she also joined me on the couch last night AND rather than running in terror from the balcony door, she actually expressed interest in it last night. she's definitely settling in - as am i! ;-) both of us are relaxing around each other! my waves of anxiety and panic have pretty much stopped. YAY!

i was looking for a cat "cave" bed for her yesterday on my way home but couldn't find one anywhere (checked pet valu, pj's pets and global pets, to no avail...). anyone know where i could score one of those for her?

re: the balcony, i hear you... seeing that she's clawless i will definitely not let her out unsupervised and in fact, am not going to let her out on there for a bit... she wants to check it out but i think i should wait a bit longer. what do you think? re: getting her a companion, while she's clawless she apparently enjoyed the company of male cats and, more interestingly, DOGS! she's a brave gal for sure. :-)

thanks again fellow cat lovers!

CH
Just because a cat liked one cat, does not mean that a cat would like any other cat. Some cats are extremely social to other cats, some do not like any other cat. Some like particular cats and hate others.

I, personally would try to bring over one of your partner's cats to see how she reacts. That way you will get some idea of her personality before actually adopting one.

I really, really do not like the idea of letting your cat out onto the balcony unless it is closed in. I think that is very risky as they don't reason like humans and don't have the fear of heights.

Glad to hear she is settling in

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey