View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,Great that your vet is coming to visit,maybe she'll offer you the same s/n deal as the one in TO,after seeing how hard you work for the kitties
Hopefully Meowzer has no underlying problem..

I just read in another post that our HS is closed to any more cats,there is a virus going through the cat-rooms:sad:that usually means cats will be put down:sad:
This is the vet in St. Cats chico. The same one that krdahmer uses. She is the one who neutered Trey for me. It's $50 plus GST so not a bad price. I am just not sure I want to leave my rescue in TO. They have been so good to me since I started dealing with them. I hate being disloyal.
It's so sad. At this time of the year kitties need to be in a safe place more than ever. I guess there really is not much to be done for it. We need to borrow that man from Alberta and license our kitties to pay for the s/n operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
That is what Smoke is taking right now, and she took it last infection too... doesn't seem to bother her, in fact she seems to get a better appetite, which doesn't hurt her one bit! I got the pain meds last time but she hated them so much, trying to get them down her I think caused her more pain than the infection so we aren't using them this time.
I just did some research on Batril. Not crazy about the sounds of it. I am hoping the dosage is small. It sounds like it can cause lots of problems if it's too strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Oh and I forgot to mention that the vet thinks Smoke's infections are stress related.... maybe Meowzers is too, with all the action that went on over there this summer, new construction, new kitties... maybe he's just sensitive to change like Smoke is to the boys here.
She asked if I thought it was stress. Yowzer is pretty laid back. He doesn't seem to be bothered by much. He is normally right in the middle of things when it comes to treats and whatnot. Not so sure but I am definitely going to keep an eye on things.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!