View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara View Post
This is an open forum and if people don't agree with my opinion, it is their right. There is unfortunately an "ugly side" to rescuing, which the public does not want to hear about!!!! I am actually questioning this particular rescue? Adopting out a very skinny dog is not a good idea. Some (cats and dogs) are often at the brink of death, as their major organs are ready to shut down, because they are so skinny and malnourished, that's why I am questioning this rescue's operations ??? If anyone who lives in Richmond, Virginia knows about this rescue, please enlighten me! I think that people should give us more details about the adoption process itself, (especially if there was an adoption fee involved, for a dog that is in bad shape!) So we can make a better judgement of the situation. There are a lot of rescuers on this forum. I never had a bad experience with a rescue, myself. Please don't put words in my mouth, just because you don't agree. There is no need to get nasty, by sending me private messages. Unfortunately I know this industry very well and the only concern is to WARN THE PUBLIC. There are a lot of great rescues everywhere and I respect their work and dedication. These great rescues are the ones that truly deserve to get money from the public!!!! Actually a lot or "rescues" have been closed here. They became overwhelmed with too many animals, not enough volunteers, did not take care of the animals properly etc.. Many unsuspecting citizens give thousands of $$ in donations to these "rescuers", thinking that they are good and honest. Believe me some of them put the money in their own pockets. This particular rescue may be good and it maybe is a huge coincidence that this dog is sick, so soon after adoption????
Kiara no one put words into your mouth - you did so on your own. I know when to back down and be humble but this is NOT one of those occasions. Your words will damage all rescues in general since you generalized.

By your writing I can see that you do not know as much as you say. Putting money in their own pockets??? What money Kiara - there is no money in rescue. And btw - yes a dog can fall ill after adoption it happens. Have you fallen ill from one day to the next....answer is YES right?

This thread is about someone asking about help for their dog and not about rescues.

Last edited by BenMax; March 30th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.