View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Learning fast

Lets start with the bones, do you think he'll try and gulp it or chew it well , if he's going to try and gulp the bone then go big like a pork neck or a whole chicken frame, something he'll have to work at, if you think he'll chew then try a turkey neck/back as one rather than a small neck and stand right over him as he eats it. I went chicken backs to while legs and then to 1/4's but I know Riley will chew and get the most out of the meal. At some point you will have to make that decission, if your trying to stick to one protein then probably 1/4 of a chicken instead of the 2 patties. and see how he does. He will need some time to sork out the best method of attack. I would also try missing a meal before giving it or he might reject it for something easier if he knows it's coming. Maybe even a small whole chicken leg with skin removed would be a good way to go. I would always go big and take it away once he's had enough rather than go small and hope he does well, if you give 1/2 chicken you can always take it away and give him the rest the next day .
As for the poops, you will get a whole spectrum of colour eventually.