View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
Oh, and yes, Valium has to be kept out of the light and at room temp, it cannot be allowed to freeze (forgot it in the car once and it froze... had to throw it away). One question though, when they gave you the syringe filled with valium, I hope it is in a glass syringe. If not, the valium will be ineffective. I know storing it in plastic does something, but I can't remember what. I'll try to see if I have it in some of my bookmarks. That's why we get the small glass vials. In the pic, you can see the small end at the top... it's "scored" lightly and you can just snap it right off. I save the top because the rubber tip doesn't reach to the bottom of the vial, so I empty the rest into the small top part, then draw the rest into the syringe.
Wow, I don't know what to say to you for this info. The vet tech did put it in a plastic syringe. I called her, and she said one second, she went to talk to the vet, and you are so very right. Imagine if you had not told me and I had to use it on Theo, it would have been no good!!! I want to thank you so so much for telling me. I am going back this afternoon and she is going to give me another one, this time in the bottle. I had asked her to pre-fill the syringe because I don't know how to fill the syringe myself. She did wrap it so the light would not effect it but still in plastic..would have been useless. I now see that the bottle is scored, that is how it was when she showed me, so I know that I snap it off but not sure about the rest. You are so much of a help right now, thank you SO MUCH!!