View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:30 AM

It happened again

Earlier this month, my mom and I were going out, and Buddy came in the yard again. This time, we were in the car when he approached us. Mom honked the horn to try and scare him, but Buddy barked at her. So she drove up to him, since the car is much bigger than he is (we decided to use the car only as a last resort). The neighbor shouted for Buddy to come back, and I thought the problem would finally be fixed.

This was not the case. Recently, I thought it would be all right for me to go out without my own (smaller) car and get the mail. Ever since Mom drove up to Buddy and he ran back home, I was lulled into a false sense of security. Buddy came running up to me, so I did what any person would do: I screamed, and couldn't decide whether to run across the street to a safe building or hide in my dad's van (even though I didn't know if it was locked or not). Buddy did finally go home, and I got the mail without any further incident. The neighbor's kids came over later and apologized, and said something that I don't find surprising: Buddy doesn't wear his collar and the electric fence is not on.

I didn't say it to them at the time, but if this happens again, I will be forced to call Animal Control, or the OPP (whatever that is).

Last edited by smg680; June 19th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.