View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Dr. Lee and Frenchy, all such good info You guys are awesome. I can't say enough to express how much I appreciate you taking the time to give so freely of your knowledge!

Your info on the need for antibiotics is really good, I see more reason for why she (vet) is always quick on giving us a dose (I think bacterial infections have been pretty predominant in her history - as indicated by all the black skin she has). And I won't let my guard down on the need for it always

I've been trying out adding some Omega 3's and now i've got her back on coconut oil... i'm a bit worried she has a fish allergy (Orijen fish formula = huge hotspot, I think that was the connection anyways). We try and avoid fishy foods. She eats lamb and rice kibble with other stuff mixed in (either homemade or canned) - i'm pretty sure food isn't the issue cause she's not ALWAYS itchy and food varies.

I'm gonna check out Atopica... Depo worked great (I think) but I really don't want to give it again (I had no idea what it was when Molly got it the first time)

This is the end of Moly's first year with me... so we will do blood work again and compare with that from when I first got her, then i'll know if there are underlying conditions or if we go full steam ahead with skin investigations. My heart goes out to everyone dealing with Itchy dogs... it's a tough road! (and Molly is not bad by what i've read on this site and others)

I got us back into the itchy dog discussion, i'm sure many of you are a bit fed up with the issue recurring on this site - but i'm so happy for the info Dr.Lee included, it's new info to me and hopefully helpful to others.
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)