View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2004, 02:07 PM
<-----nut ball

Thanks for the leads, but I've already applied for many dogs from various rescues and spca's around town. So far I have been turned down every time. I really want to help a dog, but no one is giving me (techinically us) a chance.

Part of me doesn't blame them though. We are gone for 10 hours a day and currently we have no one who could come and check in on the dog. At the same time, I know tons of people who leave their dogs alone for longer than that, who don't have a dog walker, and the dogs are fine (my best friend had a poodle for 16 years, and he was left alone 12-14 hours a day every day of the week, never had an accident or any problems and he was fine).

You know how many angry e-mails I got from some rescues about being gone for 10 hours? One even threatened to report me for crulty if I got a dog and left it alone that long as she considered it abuse!

I've even offered to foster for some places, but they turned me down.

It's actually making me quite sad. I know the right dog will come along eventually...

Unfortunatley, I think a pitbull isn't a good first time owner dog. Neither of us have any dog experience, otherwise I would take you up on the offer.