Thread: Ill cat
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM

Unhappy Ill cat

My cat, 6 years old, is acting weird. Three days ago she was perfectly fine & out of nowhere she got sluggish. It started with her not moving from the bathroom floor. She was curled up on the towels for 12 hours. I've been by her side now for three days. As I pet her she slowly turns to look at me. When she sits she sways from side to side. She'll fall over if she walks too fast. When she lays down she just stares off into space for hours, no sleep. Today she was laying on the floor staring at me for half an hour. She didn't take her eyes off of me once.. she didn't move even when I'd pet her. She cannot jump onto/off of the couch anymore. I booked her in to see a vet but there is no open spots for 14 days! She has lost a lot of weight. She is nearly skin and bones now because she stopped eating. I think she's having trouble drinking as well. She'll sit by the water bowl, front legs in the water, just staring at it. I've seen her drink though... but she wont move out of the water and when she finally does she doesn't try to dry herself off. Today she was sitting there for over an hour until I wrapped her in a towel and held her. Her poor paws are always wet. She still walks around from time to time, very slowly. She'll use the litter box but wont cover her poop/pee (you know, cover it with the litter like cats always do.) I've noticed a lot of mats around her neck. She doesn't meow anymore... but honestly my biggest concern is that she will not eat!!! She's an indoor cat & I have never seen her act like this before. I am scared and extremely worried. I watch her as the days go by and I can see her getting worse. I'm afraid she's going to die if someone doesn't help A.S.A.P. and I think it's extremely rude that the vet wont even look at her for 14 days. Please, is there anything I can try to do to make her eat. Anything to make her feel better?? I don't know what to do!!

Last edited by xo1love; April 6th, 2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: had to add something