Thread: 2nd Cat Trouble
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:41 AM

2nd Cat Trouble

We recently got a new cat, we initially had a 2 yr old Queen, Luna, she is a very playful cat and never wants to sit still unless she's very tired, she doesn't care very much for being pampered and would rather chase rattles etc. She usually sleeps in our bedroom on a picnic basket covered with a fleece blanket.

We introduced a new Cat which was adopted from the shelter on Friday past. As this cat is a stray, we have not yet been to the vet, but have an appointment booked... We have no way of knowing its age, but would estimate it at about 5+. When we brought the new cat home, it was hiding for about 12+ hrs. That night we were playing scrabble and our new cat came out from hiding and rubbed against the humans present for cuddles... Although when are current pet Luna enters there is nothing but hissing from the new cat. Luna doesn't seem that bothered and at times goes right up to the new cat and touched noses on one occassion. Although now it seems as though she doesn't even bother and tries to aviod our new cat at all costs.

We have the new cat in the front room for the time being and at night leave the doors open in the hope that our new cat will venture out and make friends in the night. I was up very late last night as we had the big fight live in our bedroom last night.

I have a feeling we have gotten a new cat that is too old and lazy and very fat. I have a feeling this cat would be more suited to an older couple, but at the time when we were at the shelter we felt really sorry for this cat as we can see no way she would appeal to a couple looking to adopt a new pet. Its just I am gettin worried about our current pet and feel her quality of life has deteriorated significantly...

Anyone have any advice, as to whether we should bring our new cat back to the shelter and get a younger cat, possibly a male???

Thanks for any help you can provide.