View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I think a conversation is alos good with your vet but ultimateley you know your pet the best.

In my opinion only I would look not at age but quality of life. Is your pet eating, drinking, happy, able to move around, without pain or ailments.
There are so many scenarios.

If you feel winters are harder on your pet than I think you could walk less, find an area that they can do their business in (maybe you have to shovel something). Add a few more cuddles instead or do things indoors to stimulate your pup. Sometimes something as simple as adding a coat in the winter helps them out depending on the dog of course.

They say you can tell when its time and that your pet will let you know, sometimes I feel this can be overlooked but generally I think when you decide the time is right thats is all that matters.

I lost my previous dog to Cancer a very rapid one . I had him for 6 weeks from diagnosis and he let me know. I could see it in his eyes and his body. Having said that he was happy right up to the day before he passed...

How about a picture to share of your pet..

Best of luck
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown