Thread: Just a few
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Hazel - the peony tree is only a few years old and about 2 feet tall. I have one bloom fully opened, one not quite open yet. That is all I will have this year. Next year hopefully it will be bigger and I will have more blooms. They are gorgeous! The bloom that is open is about the size of a teacup saucer.

Lupine is tricky. Hates to be moved, transplanted, disturbed in any way, and it shows you by not flowering. Unless you are very fortunate. Some people say they bloom like crazy for them. I think it's the ground they go in. Not too heavy, well drained. The best way to get them to grow for you that I have found is to just wait till the seeds are very ripe and plunk them where you want them and then ignore them. If they grow, they grow. If not, try again. I don't attempt to grow them for the greenhouse because I hate people to be disappointed in my plants. If they don't grow for them I feel responsible.

As for our location - we are only about 1/2 of an hour or so away from Niagara Falls so yep, Zone 5/6.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!