Thread: toys?
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina
Oh gosh, three days isn't a lot of time.
It sounds like she's just not used to playing....and perhaps she needs to get used to you and her new home before she relaxes enough to get playful.

I had a dog...a large mutt - for 12 1/2 years, I found her as a stray when she was about two years old. Phoebe never really played. She loved hiking and running with my bicycle, loved walks and rides in the car. But the only thing she ever did with toys was gather them all onto her bed and guard them from my other dogs.

It's good that she gets plenty of walks, it's so important for dogs to get out and sniff and be in the fresh air (us too!) Do you have a photo of her? Sounds like a real cute mix.
Here's 2 pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitie
You're expecting too much from a dog tossed from it's home into a new situation. She's nervous and still adjusting. Not to mention, you say that the old owner had no time for her, which most likely means that she never learned how to play. It'll take time and, above all else, patience - lots of patience. Don't rush her, don't ever yell at her, don't ever hit her and she'll learn that you're not such a bad person.

Dog walkers can be hired, so taking her for lots of walks will create a small bond, but not the same as playing with her and cuddling her. Make your time with her quality time, not quantity time.

I hope this helps.
Yea i've been spending all my free time these past few days playing with her and walking her

i guess we'll see what happens after a week or two