View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2016, 12:37 AM

You're right!! He is a possessive lil' one!! but things are getting along. They love playing together but I always have to check on them because puppy sometimes gets over excited and forgets the cat is small. There were no injuries at all, only a cut on the cat's ear but I think it was an accident ( my other cat hurt this same cat once before much bigger then what the dog's done. that's why I think it was a play accident ) outside of that, as soon as I say STOP they both stop touching each other and look at me. It's very amusing to see the cat on his back between puppy's front paws and have his belly licked the cat stopped crying when they play, and they now found some other kind of game where the cat simply hides behind or under someting, that way the dog doesn't reach him or hardly and I don't have to stop their game lol. Pup's now 7 months 1/2 and weighs over 80 pounds ++ so I'm happy to see he understands the word SLOW and then does slow his play and becomes more gentle. For the jealousy, it is getting better but between 3 cats and a dog, I guess it'll always be kind of an issue when it's not between dogs and cats it's between the cats only lol. In conclusion, I'm learning more and more that to make things work with dogs and cats you need ALOT of patience AND stay firm onto your rules. and then it all works out !!