View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
Has anybody read anything about this method or use it themselves? I think Kevin Behan is the main person for this method and I found another trainer, Lee Charles Kelly who uses the method.

It sounds pretty interesting and is supposed to work by engaging the dog's natural drives, mostly through play. There are a few books that I think I'm going to look for. I think the website is www.naturaldogtraining.com
The explanation is quackery, bogus, or as the guy on Big Bang Theory says "hokum" Anyone who invokes 'energy' to explain things is really explaining nothing. Behan likes to come off as a thinker and yet in this thread
http://forum.dog.com/forums/t/110899.aspx
it's clear that he can't answer basic questions and lacks the scientific understanding to 1) attack modern theory and 2) create a credible alternative.

Whether he knows it or not, he is a punishment/reward trainer. Lee Charles Kelly is a follower - some say publicist - of Behan and dedicates his blog to promoting this pseudo-scientific idea.

One of the most troubling aspect is the claim that dogs DON'T and CAN'T think and act out of his magical energy/attraction.

Last edited by GalaxiesKuklos; May 6th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.