View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Mystery flowers--anyone know what these are?

I've got some flowers that come back year after year but that I can't identify. I'm hoping someone else can. Preferably before they succumb to hazel's moldy thumb.

This one grows wild just to the south of our property. It came up last year, too...it looks a bit like a picture I found of a rough hedge-nettle, but I'm not sure...

It gets pretty tall--a yard (or a meter) or so.

Name:  Cistern - Mystery plant 7-7-08.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  30.5 KB

This one grows year after year in the hummingbird garden. I thought hazel's moldy thumb had gotten it last year, but after I thinned out some of the denser weeds last fall, it found enough room to come back again this spring. It's fairly short--less than a foot high--and has tiny leaves.

Name:  Hummingbird garden - mystery flower 6-5-08.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  28.6 KB

And finally, this one also returns year after year in the well garden. There's more in the front lawn and even a couple of plants out by the mailbox. I'm pretty sure this one is not a wildflower, but I have no idea what it is. It, too, is fairly short--maybe a foot or so (no taller than half a meter).

Name:  Well garden--mystery flower 7-9-08.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  31.3 KB

Can anyone shed any light on identities?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."