View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM

I'm so glad that his appetite is good. That makes me happy too along with the images of him playing with his kitty friends.

It is good you didn't know what a belly band is. Having shared my home with my elderly senior male, I learned what these were. My mother made some very cute ones for my little guy and I put the sanitary pads in them. It seemed that if you could get one large enough to fit around the chest, it would work on that end as well, plus the pads would offer cushioning to his ouchie. When we brought Cassie home, she wasn't housetrained. We just got in a habit of taking Mac out when we took her out. We found out that the old guy's bladder just needed 2 or 3 extra walks per day and he was able to get out of the belly bands except if we were gone for a longer time or were visiting. The only time he wore the bands much during his last year was during his vestibular disease episode. I'm happy he was able to get rid of them. I'm glad you haven't faced continence issues with Raggs or any other pets.

I'm also thinking the night shirt is a very good idea. Even a young girl's night gown might give the length you need. Hugs to the sweet old guy and his kitty friends.