View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM

Thanks everyone for your response. I don't know if it matters, but she feeds her dog royal canin sensitivity rc. He has colitis or some sort of stomach problem.
Shamrock, i was once in your shoes. I was feeding my dog nutro's small bites lamb food (my dog is a peke app 8 lbs), and before that she was getting her meals home made, with recipes from my vet, and we also added the vitamins etc. as my vet is terrific, and encouraged us to cook for our dog and supplied us (for free) with the vitamins she needed added to it. So needless to say, she was not too pleased when i switched her to kibble (after 3 years of being catered to). She did warm up to the Nutro's eventually (i tried a few "holisitic" dog foods first, but she would not eat them), but then i was reading different boards, and they all said good things about Wellness and Merricks and Fromm. So i looked into the ingredients, and Wellness looked the best to me, and i just recently switched her onto it. The kibble is not big bites. Much smaller than the medi-cal she was once eating for her stomach problems, but not as small as the nutro's small bites. She does like it, and soon she will only be eating wellness (I am switching her food very gradually a i don't want her to get an upset stomach).
Here is a list of the first few ingredients of Wellness Super5 mix chicken:
Deboned Chicken, Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Rye Flour, Menhaden Fish Meal, Whitefish, Ground Brown Rice
It is not too hard to find, and if all else fails, i do know that SuperPet sells it.
Good luck!