View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM

Thanks catlover2, I'm gonna try it for a day and see and yes I have that mixture but i still smell the pee/spray so maybe I did it wrong?

So last night I tried it without separating them, just to see what would happen. A few days ago I rubbed their purr pads on them to get their scent and locked them in each respective carrier that each sleeps in the most.

I put Gizzy's on the end of the couch that is next to a pee spot, can't really help it cuz it's in the crease between the 2 seats, and Forest's got the recliner. So I put Gizzy on his first and said "this is your spot" and gave him a treat. Then I put Forest on his, said "this is your spot" and gave him a treat. Gizzy jumped down from his spot when I gave Forest his treat, thinking it was for him too. So I walked over to Gizzy's spot with treats in hand, stood there for a few seconds, and he came running knowing what he was going to get. He is such a smarty pants!! Must be the bengal in him hehe!! So I went to bed with each on their own bed.

Forest, on the other hand, is your typical domestic and doesn't learn as quick. So today when I came out, Forest's bed was empty and he was on Gizzy's bed so I picked him up and put him on his bed on the recliner, and said "this is your spot" and gave him a treat. He ate it timidly. Thank gawd Gizzy was in his sub box PHEW! So I went to the box and gave him a treat in there too. Then he came out and followed me to his other bed and I gave him another treat. Now as I write this, Forest is still on his own bed sleeping and Gizzy is in his box.

I hope I did all this right! Please let me know if I made a mistake anywhere or where I can improve. Should I just make the sub box Gizzy's only place? Although, I'd like for him to have a place to sleep out in the open as well. Should I try a few more days without separating to see if Forest learns or should I separate and then watch him learn with my supervision? Sorry for all the questions