View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM

Growler - thanks for your response. Sorry I haven't checked in with this list for a while. I mentioned it to my vet and he told me to give Siren antacids, which I'm not crazy about doing. In addition, the last time we had a bad bout of this, which was when I last posted about it, I tried antibiotics and it didn't seem to help. But I have been giving her just regular honey - at first I was giving it before each meal but now only occasionally. One night last week she started some gulping and I gave her honey - the gulping subsided - don't know if it was because of the honey or if it would have subsided without it. I see that the Manuka honey site says to give it with a little food or apple, which I have not been doing. Regarding Siren's diet, I have reduced the fat content of the hamburger I'm feeding her. I'm interested in your question about bone and organ, because I don't feed her organ meat and I use a supplement I get from Nature's Farmacy called Bone Builder M122 that contains calcium, zinc, and some other minerals. Of course if I should be doing something different, I'd love to hear about it. thanks.