Thread: I am here..
View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Leia is not fixed but she is constantly indoors and her "boyfriend" is Elliot so no babies there. Although, I will get her fixed later so hopefully she will live a much longer life, or so I've read. The other two cats are Bob's kittens that are under 8 months so I haven't got them spayed/neutered yet. Furthermore, I can't find a humane society that will do a "group rate" lol. They do have their shots though which brings them down to about $60 pet cat which is pretty reasonable.

Leia could very easily slip out the door sometime when it is open. Please have her fixed too. And yes, it could mean a longer life for her. At least a much happier one not having to go into heat every 2 or 3 weeks.
Bob's kittens need to be fixed now! If they are already 8 months old they are capable of getting pregnant. Females can get pregnant very early in life. That isn't fair to them. Males are capable of impregnating any time after 5 or 6 months. If males aren't fixed earlier it also increases the chance of their spraying. I don't know if you have ever smelled that.

As for finding a humane society who will do a group rate... speak to vets (more than one), speak to rescues, speak to every humane society you can find. We have a couple of very young teens in here who have fixed countless cats/kittens. They are in the States and seem to have found clinics that will fix cats at a very reasonable rate. Almost makes me feel like moving there just for that (not!). kathryn and katherine93 - please speak to them. You can start a thread to one or both and I am sure they will be happy to guide you as to where to start looking.

I sincerely hope you will consider this info. It is in the best interest of your beloved pets.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!