View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Shrek's Mom

Red face Thank you!

I hadn't realized how long it's been! It was hard even to write about Shrek without crying...even now. But I hope to check in every once in awhile to see if I can be of assistance to anyone.

Thank you Hazelrun, Growler, Juniorlover, for your comfort and support ; and everyone else who followed our posts.

Juniorlover, so sorry to hear about Junior . He was lovely. It's obvious from the way you describe his behaviour, that it was such a comfort to him to have you, and that it was great that you were there for him constantly.
It will take a long time for the hurting to fade :sad:, but as a result of your love for him who knows how many Bassets may be helped/comforted (what a great legacy to him) if you volunteer at the Basset Rescue.
I'll be thinking of you.

-chris 21711 what a nice picture, Skippy looks very sweet and comfortable.

(I hadn't thought to do this before, but Shrek left a little legacy of his own. One friend made a donation in his memory to an association that researches cancer treatments for pets, and another made a donation to Danes-in-Distress. It was heartwarming when they told me.) There are so many great ways we can remember our companions.

to everyone still going through this.

Last edited by JDFlea; April 27th, 2009 at 10:01 AM.