View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:47 AM

:sad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Welcome Jessica, what a great job you have. Tell us some stories!
I work the night shift so I am going to bed now, but before I do I'll tell you a nice story.

One of my co-workers wrote an email around the office about a phone call she got from a woman with a dog that wanted one of our plastic tags. (I like the metal ones best, but she has a good reason to like plastic)
Apparently her puppy grabbed a hold of some wires somewheres in he house and ripped them open as he was running. The vet told the woman that the plastic tag he was wearing was the one thing that kept the pup grounded, stopping him from getting electricuted and saved his life.

I thought that was an amazing story.

I don't get all the fun stories because I work evenings and I get less callers than the morning crew. I've had a guy call me three days straight to flirt with me and make fake pet resuce reports.

I've had a few sad phonecalls where people have found a lost pet either injured or deceased and I have to call the owners and let them know. :sad:

I get to see all the neat names people call their pets. One guy called in and I told him the kitten in his hands that he found was "James Bond". ^^