View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Another thing I find scary is the agent they use to make it clump. Question: What do they use in Feline Fresh to make it clump?

I use pine shavings for Daisy's (bunnie) litter box and find it soaks up the urine fine but stays wet underfoot, it doesn't clump and might be a bit messy tracked around the house. I'm definately going to switch after reading this thread. Thanks for the information guys, it is really helpful.
See Chris, this is what I find confusing. Feline Pine says it's 100% pure pine. It is just compressed into pellets and then when it gets wet it breaks down to sawdust. Would that not be messy too? I know the shavings may stay a little wet but really, what's the difference besides the shavings are bigger and cheaper? The main reason I wanted to try pine is because the catuary is very close to the greenhouses where I will have customers soon. I wanted to cut down on the "odour" associated with kitties.

Here is a site for Feline Pine. There seems to be mixed reviews about it.

http://www.petco.com/product/4364/Fe...at-Litter.aspx

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!