View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM

bounty ,

One of my cats did this same thing only worse / she would attack her tail unitl it would bleed when she got in that mode nothing would stop her. It got so bad that she had to have 2 partail tail amputions from the damge she did to it . It last 2 years with us trying every thing from prosac to nereve pain meds with no hope an mri and about $10thousand dollars in late night emergecy vet visits. She was living with a bandge on her tail to stop it. I hope now to give you some good news you can disucss with ur vet to try .

I sent my video to a Dr dodman who is a cat expert look him up he was written many books . This man saved my cat and us to , he suggested we give her keppra at 0.3ml a few times a day . It is something used for focal seizures wich if u look up will be almost exactly what feline hyperista would look like / Since i have given my cat this it has totaly stopped no issues now over a year . The thinking is that most cats that do this have focal sezuires wich is a type that even peole can get. One of the things my cat would always do is stare in to space and would always bang the tail on the floor before attacking it . I want to stress that my cat didnt just playful bite her tail but would attack it to the point that she would take it off if u did not stop her . My cuurent meds that are working wonders are the keppra and clomicalm at 10 mg a day . The colmiacm hepls keep the brain mellow if u like u can im me and ill give u my number to call / to talk moere