View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:04 PM

I feel I must say something now, before it gets out of hand.

The people who feel as though they've been attacked are usually the ones who are extremely deffensive. There have been some instances, yes, where regular members have jumped the gun a bit, but it doesn't happen often.

If someone comes here with an animal that clearly requires medical attention, but won't bring it because funds don't allow it, they're basically saying "please yell at me for being a bad parent". How else should people react to that type of situation? I, for one, will not sit idely by while an animal suffers needlessly. There is always some way to get the animal the medical attention it needs. Vets take payments, friends offer to help, families write cheques, banks extend lines of credit, employers may offer payday advances.

Others come here looking for advice that has been posted before, and a search will display that. For instance: declawing has been discussed adnauseum. Does it deter people from asking or posting about it? Not in the slightest. Had the search been done, there would have been insight on how this particular group feels about the subject.

There are always going to be people who feel like they're being attacked, no matter how nice the replies are, if they don't get the answer they're expecting.

I will no longer stand by while ANY sort of attacks happen, whether it be a new member who starts it, or an established member. It will not be condoned any longer. Period.

The best interests of the forums, and our animals, are at stake. Will I be popular? Not likely. Will I be fair? You better believe it. Old members, young members, members who haven't been born yet, our pets who walk across our keyboards - please respect ALL other members. We're here for the larger picture - our pets and our love of animals. Let's not forget why this site was originally created.

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!