Thread: sick dog
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2004, 07:25 PM

Hello,

I really appriciate your help.. The vet took the stool sample to check, but I won't know the result till monday. He did not prescrible anything since he is not sure what is wrong with her. He simply indicated to me that I should make sure that she has something to eat throughout the day at least. Like I said she ate a bit today and had a lot of water so I am happy because she is not dehydrated.

She is not lethargic so I am happy.
I will definately take your advise and cook some rice and give it to her.
My mother in law, gave cassie a pork bone and I am worried that this may have something to do with it. She keeps on blaming me that I left her in the car for 5 min when I was pumping gas. But, I am very sure that the fact that I left cassie in the car has nothing to do with it.. Some dog breeder told her that it is ok for cassie to have the pork bone as long as it is well cooked. I was a bit upset about it but she gave it to her. Do you think this may have something to do with her upset stomach?

And to answer someone elses questions. As per the vet and knowing my medical background it is ok for the dog to get human medication, after all when your dog gets sick, it is the human meds that the vet prescribes only in small quontaties. So, if I have no idea what is wrong w/ the dog i will not give her any medication. All I was asking if it is possible to give the dog gravol. The pepto bismo may be good idea but I will wait until the vet says its ok to give it to her.

Right now she is sleeping next to me. And today we went for a walk and she actually enjoyed herself. Maybe the worse part of it is over and she is getting herself into recovery.