Thread: Fatten me up??
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2005, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.. He isn't 'underwieght', I just want to increase his intake because he is going to be getting much more exercise very soon and I don't want him to GET thinner.. He really couldn't afford to (IMHO) And he's still growing at a pretty good rate so that takes up alot of calories also.

He is fed only the kibble, no canned food. However, to further reduce the risk of bloat I soak it in hot water (also makes it more yummy for him ) This way I know it's pretty much already as big as it's gonna get before it goes in is belly. And it slows him down slightly (he bolts his food)
Because he already gets 6 cups aday of the Nutro large breed formula, I've been thinking of switching to the active dog/working dog formula (not sure what Nutro calls it).

*mona_b Your red is a beauty! Are you in ontario? If so what breeder did you get him from? Mine told me I pretty much got second pic from the litter....the stud owner picked either my pup or another,,,and he settled on the other at 7 weeks! then he was kinda second guessing his choice... we'll see this summer when the two pups end up in the same show ring We did discuss showing and performance training. We did not discuss Shutzhund...
Have you any suggestions or training tips I could be using for him at this age to make it easier/better when he's old enough?