View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
I wouldnt gve him to rescue. I would rather he be PTS in loving arms then with strangers. I think it would be irresponsible to rehome him. Thats jmo of course.
If you self doubt your own abilities Babymomma and you want to exhaust all your options, then I don't see why you wouldn't try. You can always always arrange with a rescue that if there is nothing to be done, that you can take back the dog or be present when the dog passes over the bridge.

I am with a rescue..several actually and I needed the expertise of another...so I took that invitation and ran with it. This rescue is doing whatever they can to help him. No - he was not my dog, but for every animal that I take in I consider them as being mine..and I build a very strong attachement and I am dedicated to them until such time.

The recommendation for the little dog that I had was euthanasia. I was considering this as the only option but I consulted with SO many people and many rescues that I found out through this consultation, there was an option....and I took it. I am glad I did as this woman is able to help him while I could not.

Personally, I think that everyone has provided some excellent advise. It is a tough case.