View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Re-homing your pets

Hi,

This seems like a hot thread!!!

I am a bit confused...I do feel sorry for dawgondaze for the loss of his/hers pets, but I keep asking my self some questions!

I have 8 cats, and if ever one day, one or some of them would have to be re-homed...Well I would make jolly well sure they are going to a good home!

I would NEVER let any of them go to someone I had not personally met, interviewed, visited their house, called their current vet and ask if the previous pets were well cared for.
I would make the new adopting family sign all manner of papers that would give me the right to make an EXTENSIVE background check on them.
I would call their employer, their bank, their landlord...I would call every one who could tell me about them!
I would also visit their neighbors to ask what kind of people they are.
If the new family had no issues, they would gladly co operate in this.
I would ask them if they have pet insurance, in case something costly comes up.
I would ask if they had other previous pets and what happened to them.

I would NEVER trust someone that says ''oh yeah, they are going to a good home''.

When we decide to take a pet in our life, it's a FOREVER commitment. If we are faced with situations that make so that we must re-home them, it is our responsibility to make all the efforts and take all the steps required to ensure they are going to a good home.

It is sad that the ones who are/may be suffering the most from all this are the pets themselves.

It just goes to say...NEVER entrust your pet to someone, unless you did your homework and are really really sure of where they are going.

Sad story, very sad.

sandyrivers

PS, Please, if this is a ''dog-fight'', as it has been implied... between people/breeders/others... Kindly take it elsewhere...
Elphin April 21st 2008 m -cat
Stibule(Gino,Airell,Katla,Rasta)June 6th 2009 f- cat
Gino Ferrero April 8th 2010 m -cat
Airell Awenn Awnfenn Ep Berrth April 8th 2010 f- cat
Katla Chilam Balam April 8th 2010 f- cat
Rasta Farian Marley April 9th 2010 m- cat
Chipcat-Filou found June 12th 2011 (Ocicat 6months old) f-cat
Jane the Snow Cat rescued Dec27th 2012 f- cat

Last edited by sandyrivers; April 5th, 2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: corrections