View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Chaser sounds like Rupert is finicky like mine were. What brand are you feeding? I found alot of times its the consistancy of the food. For example there is one I think its called Old Mother Hubbards or something like that and the one I bought was chicken pot pie. They liked it but they licked it until there was no liquid left and the chicken was sort of flaked and there were a few carrots and potato pieces left. I thought they had a problem eating it or something with their teeth.

As it turns out they will only eat the DVP natures Balance and I think because it is more a firm pate. In the beginning I added water just because they werent eating enough.

Now I have them up to about 5 different flavors but it is the ONLY BRAND out of I dont know how many I have tried!

The other thing is to maybe entice him with something on top the first few times. Dont worry I didnt think mine would ever transition over but now WOW they eat it!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown