View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:04 PM

Sleeping Beautys

I think puppies and kids are the same as far as sleeping goes... it keeps them so cute that you have to forgive them for the sleepless nights, the chewed slippers. My daughter and puppy both, take alot of my time, but when I see them sleeping so peacefully at night... I realize that is their survival technique... "look so cute and no one could possibly get mad at you".

Anyway, to get back on topic, my little sam likes to sleep the evening away too and since I am trying to make it easier for him to learn to sleep through the night.. I have had to take him outside to play in the evening to keep him awake since inside he just rolls over or squeezes his eyes closed to give me the hint that he is sleeping and not interested in playing.

My son was like that when he was first brought home too. He used to try to fall fast asleep and then not want to sleep at night... we used to have to try to keep him awake for at least an hour before bed-time so we could get 4 hours of sleep. We usually had to undress him to wake him up as he would do what Sam does now and just close his eyes tighter.