View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Compromised account

May I ask why is she crated after you are back home? She needs to be with you, around you, not put away.

Put yourself in her shoes. she is alone most of the day and even though you take her for long walks, it cannot replace her socializing and being with you. :sad: Then, you crate her some more...
Do you leave her out at night or crate her as well?? She will come to resent her crate, instead of seeing it as her den. She will not know how to behave outside of the crate, you see that already with her peeing again. It will damage your relationship if you continue on the same path. :sad: Things can get bad...

I am all for crate-training, I use it too. Its a great tool, but too much of a good thing is not that good either. Key word is training...not a permanent arrangement How about getting a playpen and enclosing a certain part of your home, with a corner for her to go pee, lined with pads...At least untill things get into a routine. It would be better than having her sit in a cage all day.

Try to find some kind of solution, maybe hire someone, I am sure you can find a neighbour teen that will be able to come over and play with her and take her out while you are gone. Thats what I have done, I am pretty lucky to have my 2 nephews living upstairs from me. I pay them a small amount (like $2) per walk. Yes, it adds up, but knowing that Sparky is having fun and is taken out for walks is priceless to me. Maybe you have a retired someone, who could use the company during the day? That could be a good solution too!