View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
When you start the new food, do it slowly over about a week (longer is fine, too). First day mix a small part of the new food with mostly old. Every day more of the new food, less of the old until you are at 100% new. Even when switching from a poorer quality food to a better one, you want to give your puppy the time to adjust. Different foods place different demands on the digestive system, and you already know that your puppy's system is a bit delicate.
Yup that's the one thing my mom stressed big time...lol
Hense why I'm asking now, while I still have half the bag of Nutrience left...cuz I'll admit, a week ago(had Thor for almost 2 weeks now) I fed him a edible bone treat that tasted like bacon apparently...he LOVED it...but god...for 2 days after, he had me super scared. I even called the vet in a panic...his movements became like water...and at one point had a few drops of blood...vet and I talked, and then realised it was the treat...so he told me to watch, and if his movement didn't get more solid soon, so bring him in...within 48 hrs he was up to "qouey"...and has gotten more solid since....not fully solid...but getting there.
So ya...no more of that kind of thing...scared me half to death!
I have only had him 2 weeks, but I love him to death....so I just hope we can transfer him to a new and better food without freaking me out to much! lol...cause I'll admit, i tend to over analyze things to much and worry to much sometimes...so this outta be fun..haha
Angie