Thread: pet euthanasia
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaBoo View Post
By the way, I have become disabled since I got Misha and the cost of any procedure is very difficult for me. In a way, I want her to just live out her life after having her teeth removed.
Hi MishaBoo, and welcome to pets.ca! Bless you for taking in Misha and giving her such a loving home. As far as affording the dental surgery, perhaps this link will help: http://www.farleyfoundation.org/pet_..._criteria.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaBoo View Post
I just hope and pray she lives through the dental surgery. Of course, asking a vet about dental surgery is useless because they leave the decision up to me. They can't tell me if she will survive the dental surgery.
How is her health otherwise? Any recent blood work and urinalysis? Maybe even an ECG and x-ray of her heart to make sure there aren't any issues there. With proper monitoring while under anesthesia, the risk isn't necessarily any greater for an older animal, provided there aren't any complicating medical conditions.

What do the vets say is the relationship between her teeth and the chronic sinus infection?

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler