View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM

Since this thread got bumped again I thought I would link this video I found http://videocalgary.citytv.com/ (it's not a direct link, just type "Brad" in the video search to the right and click on his video below) .

Many people on this forum have pointed out that the way someone acts on a show may not be who they are in real life. What I like about this interview is you get a clearer picture of what he's about. Without a family for him to holler at you get to see him talk about his methods and how he views dogs in a family.

Even in a one on one setting I found him to be really negative . In this interview, he is telling some scary story about a little girl being bitten by a dog for a sandwich and that's why you shouldn't "treat train" your dog or give it table scraps . These kind of stories in BP interviews are not uncommon. I think Brad is very good at reading people and knowing what their fears are (like doggie biting someone,humanizing doggie etc) and I think he plays on those fears a little bit to "help" them see his line of thinking. I also didn't love that he leash popped the puppy when it was laying quietly by that lady, or that he seems to recommend using an ear pinch to get a puppy to stop chewing instead of redirecting them to a toy. Apparently using toys instead is negotiating?

Anyways, that's my on this interview and Brad, I would love to hear other opinions .

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu

Last edited by MommaKat; May 1st, 2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Better sense making and spelling *sigh*