View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor

I take Dracko to off an off leash park by my place that isn't heavily frequented. If there is no one around I have him off leash. The minute there are people/dogs around I put him back on. Why? Cuz you just never know. He doesn't like human strangers to touch him and if he is off leash I'm sure people would assume they can.

Not to mention all those dogs that are off leash and barely supervised ALWAYS seem to go ape ***** on Dracko. I can't tell you the number of times someone is acting like their dog does no wrong and then they instantly snap or go after Dracko. Dracko is a GSD so obviously he can hold his own but in order to keep him safe I want him in a position I can control things. I've let him smell the tiny dogs when the owners let them wander up to him w/o seeming like they are worried and cuz I have the 5 cats at home Dracko does know not to hurt other animals...but you never know! I would just die if he went after a tiny dog out of the blue.

Both of these owners are in the wrong. Probably the tiny dog's more so. If you are going to have such a small dog you owe it to the dog to protect it. 99.9% of the dogs at a park like that will be bigger than it is. I can't believe that the woman turned her back on her dog!!! I would never let Dracko out of my sight when I have him outdoors. NEVER.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!