View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:17 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Still haven't heard from the vet. I'm not surprised as she is very popular and busy. She did phone in the scrip for Doxycycline though so I got Brownie started on it. He will be on it for quite some time. If I haven't heard from the vet by Monday I will call her. It's possible the test results didn't come back today as well. Hubby has to pill Brownie tomorrow night as I am working. Should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
14+ Hugs MF...So glad that your hopefully going to have the answers. I was checking out that link posted and noticed this....

When a cat is newly infected, it can take up to one month before adequate numbers of parasites are present to actually make the cat sick. Mortality is highest during the month following this initial stage. If the cat recovers, it becomes a permanent carrier though stress can re-activate the infection.
I'm keeping a close eye on all of the kitties. If I see any sign they are right in to the vet. This is not something I want to go through again. Believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
You go thru 200 cans of cat food a week? Oh my! *fainting* Could u find a sales rep from the company and buy straight from them? There must be a phone # for their sales desk somewhere? If u could wrangle that you should be able to save money that way.
Debbie
I keep looking. Sometimes when I find sales I stock up. Like I said, it's the reason I work. Gotta feed the gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Well i hope they find that it's been something easy to fix all this time when they test the blood and they both do a big old 'well...der'!

So... another house kitty eh...and hubby hasn't gone to sleep in the garage yet???
Yeah, can you see Dr B going well..... der?
Nope, not that bad yet. Maybe soon though. He would have to share it with Ace and Ajax.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!