View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Unhappy Question-your help/advice is greatly appreciated

Good day, I have a beautiful beagle, LADY but lady is unlike her name at all...She was betrothed to a very handsome male hunting beagle, since she was old enough to mate, but not once did she take any interest in him...She never mated with him...last year when his owners brought him to meet with her again, she ran out on us, since he's an outdoor dog, and Lady is an indoor pet, the only way he was comfortable was having them outside, it isn't a problem since Lady is allowed to be outside whenever she needs to. She never runs out of the yard, but for some strange reason she got away from us and her mate and disappeared for about 3 days...I was ready to call the animal control and was in a panic but before the 3rd day was over she came back and again denied her mate what he was there for...after a week of denial, again, he went home...several weeks later I noticed she was getting big, so I thought that maybe she and her beagle mate had done just that, and they were finally going to have puppies!!! Well I was wrong..One of the neighbors towards the end of the block let me know that Lady was sleeping in his dog's house...his dog is a golden retriever a huge dog!!! He has a fence around the yard and his dog has never escaped and he didn't know how in the world LADY got inside...The point is she almost died and lost her puppies...I have kept a better eye on her and so far she hadn't gone near that yard nor outside of ours up until it was time to mate her again with the handsome beagle she ran away again and this that I had her tied up...The morning he showed up I tied her up outside, then went to work and when I came back she was gone!!! She came back the same day but before anyone could grab her unlady a$$ she ran away again...I asked a friend to help me find her and catch her, we even went to see if she was back with the retriever and she wasn't!!! I thought I had lost her for sure..We sent the male beagle home again...Then, around 1 am I hear her crying, and howling in pain, I asked my boyfriend to go look and see what's going on, we catch her tangled up with a CHOW!!! One of our other neighbors' has a gorgeous black chow, now I am not so fond of that dog because he's really mean, and they always let him out around midnight and he roams around the neighborhood...
Now she's pregnant again, by a CHOW!!! What are her chances of having this dog's puppies? I am scared for her again, but she's around 35 lbs, she's very active, and even though I am sure that dog is around 40 lbs, I know when they are born they are not as huge as they look...I don't care if she has puppies, I wanted to keep her with her breed since I paid top money for her un-LADY a$$, but no matter how many times we try with a male beagle she's attracted to bigger dogs... UGH...I don't know what the chances are of a female beagle having chow puppies but your help is greatly appreciated...
It's really sad because our female Rott, PRINCESS, is the only one allowed to go outside without a leash, she has never ran away even when other male dogs are around...even when she's in mating time...she still doesn't run away...In our neighborhood there is a rott male, and a doby male as well, and these are the only 2 dogs my Princess is interested in...isn't that funny? She doesn't like the retriever nor the chow, but she gets all crazy when she sees/smells the doby and rott males...LOL...but she's still not mated...
But the BEAGLE LADY goes after the big dogs and now she's pregnant and I don't know if I should be worried for her or not and your help is greatly appreciated...I look forward to hearing from you!!