View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2007, 09:05 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia101 View Post
I guess you haven't read the research. Oh well, just stick to your current knowledge base then
than adding to knowledge.
I can pretty much guarrantee you that not only has W4R "read the research", she probably understands it and nutrition better than most Vets do.

Quote:
Also, some of y'all are comparing everything to homemade food, as if that's the only acceptable choice.

Some of us are choosing between premium commercial foods, and many educated people here like many of them.

It's apples to oranges to compare any commercial food to homemade.
To some extent it is apples and oranges but the fact is that the ingredients are the same. When I made raw and home-cooked I certainly never added rice gluten or tomato pomace. Why? Simple, because it's garbage for the composter NOT for my dog.

Quote:
Some of us are choosing between premium commercial foods, and many educated people here like many of them.
As have I and most of the people in this thread. The difference is we've done the research, swapped notes and compared thoughts. I knew nothing about commercial food until I came here. Before the grrrl's there wasn't "knowledge". Until Declan came along the grrrls ate a raw/homecooked diet. The people on pets.ca have taught me how to read a label, how to interpret an ingredients list and the difference between manufacturer's.

Quote:
I am amazed that an argument over what is best, and telling someone how ignorant they are, always garners more posts than adding to knowledge.

It seems more people are interested in being holier than thou than discussing, educating, and learning.

This is not directed at you, but at the comments in general I see in this thread.
It's not a matter of being holier-than-thou or for that matter, even being right. It's a matter of putting information out there that will help those who need it. Plain and simple. No hidden agenda's, no oversized ego's.

Unless you see something I don't, I only see "discussing, educating and learning" going on here.