View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeeter
to do the right thing.

I don't care what's being said now about Bandit (nor do I trust it either). Vets on staff with THS, long time staffers, & others all came to the conclusion that Bandit could Not be re-habbed. (Are you sure that's why the dog is under wraps, & away from public contact?-He's So sweet & playful?) When these people's opinion's didn't match with what THS Wanted to hear...Out they were put. It's sounds a lot like M.B. to me...

I don't think this dog will ever be trustworthy around children. And offhand, I can't think of a single place that he could spend the rest of his life where there will be Absolutley No Children -Ever.

And it makes us look like hypocrits! Punish the Deed, not the Breed? It looks from here like Nobody ever gets punished for anything, & we can't solve the problem of unsafe dogs by doing unproven 'Re-Hab' & hoping it takes this time.
This was Bandit's second bite on a child. His first serious one,- but it was his 2nd. bite.
I don't even think this is fair to Bandit. What kind of a life is he living? (Off camera, I mean?) Poor dog is just a means to an end. :sad:

Good post. I agree.

IMHO Not all dogs can be re-habbed, some will always be unsafe, they are animals with inherently aggressive tendencies that no training will fix.

HS's that think they rehab a vicious dog aren't realistic or fair to the dogs or future victims. Sometimes euthanasia is the only way to assure no more attacks will happen, regardless of breed.

Children ARE more important and valuable than dogs. period.

HS's that are no kill are presenting a negative image of irresponsibility to the public that only hinders fighting breed bans.