View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
Could be. I've seen anal tumor on older male animals before, they aren't serious just annoying. How old is Milo & at what age was Milo neutered? Sometimes they are like testosterone based or something. I can't quite remember what I am thinking of.. I saw a few cases of it at the shelter and you just snip em off easily.. I just can't put my finger on what the vet said they were or what cause them. It could be that though.. if anyone knows what I am talking about feel free to chime in
I think there is almost no chance of another cat scratching him in that area..but anything is possible.
Milo is 11 years old now, and was neutered very young by laser technique(?) I think about 14 weeks...I would have to go through his file for the exact date...by his breeder before I took him home. After she got to know me...she allowed me to do the altering by my own vet at a later age for the next 2 males I got from her.
My vet knows me very well and if I call her and say I need an appointment the same day...I get it...no problem.
I was just hoping for some input...He would be seen by a vet regardless, but as anyone here knows...you worry regardless until the appointment and tests clear him from out babies from anything serious.

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge