View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:50 PM

OK.
I've just done a search of TheCatSite forums. I first tried using Google Advanced Search....result was 3 identical references, someone asking your question but getting no reply. I then tried that site's own search (as a member, from within the site). That search shows 7 references to VS. Now, I don't have the time to track those down further, just know they are in there. I don't know if this link will work for you, feel free to try: http://www.thecatsite.com/newsearch?...&Search=SEARCH (if unworkable, you could join up and search)

TheCatForum has no references that I could find either courtesy Google nor from "inside the site" (translation: as a member).

No, you don't know for sure that she has IBD - but....you said " I believe it is drug-induced IBD"...........that feeling must have come from the fact that (at least some) of your cat's symptoms are similar to 'classic IBD' symptome: Yes or No?

IF you answer "Yes".......then why not take tour question about VS to a place(s) where there are known to be clusters of cat "owners" gathered for only one sole purpose: the management of 'classic IBD symptoms'????

I know I sound rhetorical with that question.......that said, ask yourself if my question/suggestion is logical, if it makes sense.

I know from my own personal struggles with one particular major health issue in a very cherished cat just how exasperating, how overwhelming, how depressing it can be. I have read other peoples' accounts of their struggles. From my own and from others', I also know that when no answers are forthcoming from established 'authorities', we have become extremely vulnerable to trying ANYTHING that even hints of a possible cure/resolution.

Unscrupulous merchants, swindlers and other 'snake oil salesmen' are on the prowl for those of us in those situations. IMO, that's where the old adage "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" should kick in. Often, sadly, it does not.

Personally, I don't think that a product's appearance on Amazon is in any way an indication of its "legitimacy".

I know your post/question was not an attempt to get help for the symptoms you're trying to eradicate......that said, can I ask exactly what you're trying to treat? The two known side effects of clomipramine relating to intestional issues are, oddly, at opposite ends of the "problems with poop spectrum": reduced intestinal motility (constipation-like symptoms) and diarrhea. (If your Vet is suggesting a/b pulsing, that sounds like an attempt to deal with recurring diarrhea) If you'd rather not get into this, no problem.

Anyways, back to you, I'm out of ideas!