View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM

pretty bad diarrhea for my dogs

Hi guys-

My two dogs have been eating raw for about a year now, which is why I find this odd and makes me worried.

Two nights ago, I gave them their dinner. Sardines and beef. I used canned sardines. Then Oxford (the older one) had soft stool that night. But I didnt think anything of it. The next morning they had one chicken leg each, some canned mackeral and raw egg. I also gave them some pureed celery, which I dont do that often. That day Oxford started to get diarrhea. Later that day, Ten Bears started to get it too. The only new thing they had was the canned sardines, everything else, they eat on a regular basis. I didnt give them anything to eat that night since they both showed signs of diarrhea . Again, didnt worry.

Today, after 24 hours since their last feeding, I gave them a little bit of cooked oatmeal, raw gizzard, yogurt and raw turkey with no bone. I also gave them pepto bismol. I broke the feeding up in two small portions about 2 hours apart. They still had diarrhea, but Oxford's was way worse. Hers was really dark in color. My fiance and I went out to dinner and came home to a total mess in the house. Same dark diarrhea (which is probably Oxford's), but then I also saw blood, which is new.

What do I do? Should I continue to fast them? Should I feed them cooked oatmeal, rice or potatoes like what non-raw diets give? What do we do for dogs eating raw?

Any advice will help!

"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." ~Winston Churchill