View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:05 PM

Mari1, I'm so sorry! My intention wasn't to offend anyone by my statement. Let me rephrase: I admire people, who have the means, and opt for chemo. Even then, it may not be the best choice for some!

Even though we have the money to get Howie chemo, it was still a tough decision for my hubby, mainly because of the amount of money it will cost. It took some major convincing, begging, crying, etc. for him to agree to it. Howie is fifteen and in great shape, other than cancer, but he's still fifteen. Hubby is more logical than I am, and I'd probably be broke right now if it wasn't for him!!

Like you, we didn't have our cat treated for her cancer and we had to make the decision to say goodbye a few weeks ago. My sympathy goes out to you and your kitty! I wish you didn't have to go through this and I hope she's still comfortable! My cat had a tumor on her leg which spread to her eye, back leg and lymph nodes. Still, in your case it must be a much more difficult situation to go through because the tumor is in her mouth and affects her eating. My heart goes out to you!!

Chico,

We're going to start Howie's chemo next week. The first four appointments will be in and out, and he'll have to stay in the entire day for the last one. That treatment will cause vomiting, but they'll give him something to counteract that. Otherwise he shouldn't have many symptoms. If his stools start to become solid, we'll know that the chemo took. Howie has been so lovable towards me, more than usual. He comes into bed and lays his paws on my neck and puts his head next to mine. If I'm talking to him and stop, he touches my mouth as if to say, "keep going"!

I'll keep you up-to-date.

“The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different.”—Hippocrates