View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
I feel diffence about this , I feel that when a person or pet is dying they should be able eat any food that want. I had a client that wanted chocolate candy for her lunch and I was going to let have some but the daughter in law said "no" as it was not a healthy meal. My client had her healthy meal and dies of old age a week later and her box of chocolate when uneaten.
You're entitled to feel however you want about it. However, if you want to extend the life of your furbaby by slowing the growth of the cancer, it has nothing to do with personal opinion and everything to do with health and nutrition. If the pet is at the stage where you're going to send them over the bridge, then by all means, spoil them rotten before saying goodbye. But the OP was asking for input on things he/she could do to help his/her baby.

"I just want to make sure I am doing all I can for the rest of her life to make her comfortable. I read somewhere that giving her table food is good for kidney failure, I only have given her chicken breast that I boiled. What food should I be feeding her? Stay with the c/d? I know she needs more water in her food..Please if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should make sure her diet is each day I am all ears."

Obviously he/she is asking what they can do to help make sure this baby is getting the good nutrition it needs, which leads me to think they are not at the end yet.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012